Monday, March 30, 2009

In a manner of speaking!

"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways"--Oscar Wilde
I have certainly come to think that life is a vignette filled with what we choose to make of it. Today, I decided to be just a good friend. Deep belly laughs, an over the fence conversation with a neighbor, smiling at a stranger, talking endlessly to an old person eager to be heard. Deciding to say hello to everyone I passed at the park whether they said hello or not. Sharing a seedling from my garden, waving to a passing school bus. No! I am not ready for sainthood but today, I know that being a friend has helped me to be a better person. And so with each brush stroke I paint with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment