Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Creative Week

This week has been filled with creative moments. I took my own advice and motivated myself. I have been the keeper of old family stories for years. My parents and grandparents were all great storytellers. I have always seen the world around me in color and became a storyteller as well. Speaking in vivid color the same way I use my paint brush. During my childhood my neighborhood was filled with people from all over the world. A wonderful mix of cultures. It was never about things but experiences for me. My passion for art was fueled by my surroundings. I always carried a piece of paper to capture a moment, whether it was pearls of wisdom as my grandmother would say or an image that stayed in my head. To this day nothing has changed. I am still jotting down things that I want to recall for a special time. I paint to bring back those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment